Class Exercise 1 | Assignment 1A | Assignment 1B | Assignment 2 | Assignment 3 |
| Class Exercise 2 | Assignment 4 | Assignment 5 | Final Project | Reflections |



Assignment 1B: Final Prototype
Thursday, February 12, 2009
5:07 PM
COMMENT PLS! (0)

I 'computerized' the second rough. Tracing was bleahhh. I wanted to take a shortcut using live trace but it just didn't turn out right at all. certain parts disappeared and other parts were too bold. so i manually traced everything. gave a nice clean effect cuz the lines were nice and consistent! i finally feel good about illustrator. haha. coloured it in photoshop and added a bit of effects.



i realised that by keeping things simple, i could get my message across more clearly. by 'forcing' too many things into this little a5 piece, whoever sees it will get confused. i'm so glad that i traced everything myself. being in control of how i want it to be feels really good and i don't have to be afraid when asked 'did u trace this urself?!'. hahah.

this little piece is meant to portray me as a lively, cheerful person, standing straight and tall in what i do. firm in my beliefs. oh, and i do like flowers. looking more than smelling. i think they smell weird.

First; rejected prototype

1. I like to whistle
2. I'm easily swayed on the surface but deeply rooted in my beliefs
comments:
-make the butt of the bird more curved.
-maybe add a blueish background at the top and make the 'wind' white and more 'windy'
-roots of the plant thinner and lighter so that it doesn't take the attention off the 'hwei' plants.

**I decided to scrap this one because I seem to be the only person who understood it - not communicative at all!!
Since others cannot understand what i'm trying to portray, I'm pretty sure it's not good. It may seem nicely done, but it's not effective at all. With that in mind, i decided to work on another of my sketches.

Oh what a bruise to my ego. hahaha i thought it was really nice. hahah.

well at least i learned something! not to be too ambitious and try to incorporate so many things and end up with nothing. :D